Young musicians in Nigeria are making significant contributions to the country’s cultural and economic growth. With a rich musical heritage and a vibrant contemporary music scene, Nigerian musicians have gained worldwide recognition and are celebrated for their talent and creativity.
One of the significant contributions of young musicians in Nigeria is their ability to use music to address social issues and create awareness on various topics. Many Nigerian musicians have used their platform to advocate for social justice, raise awareness about corruption, and promote peace and unity in the country. This has helped to bring attention to these issues and encourage positive change.
Another contribution of young musicians in Nigeria is their impact on the economy. The Nigerian music industry has grown significantly in recent years, with the rise of young artists such as Burna Boy, Wizkid, and Davido, who have gained international recognition and brought attention to the Nigerian music scene. This has helped to create job opportunities for many people, including producers, managers, and other industry professionals.
Young musicians in Nigeria are also contributing to the preservation of the country’s musical heritage. They are incorporating traditional Nigerian music styles into their music, which helps to preserve these cultural treasures and introduce them to a wider audience.
In conclusion, young musicians in Nigeria are making significant contributions to the country’s cultural and economic growth. They are using their platform to address social issues, promoting the Nigerian music industry, and preserving the country’s musical heritage.
List of some of the most popular young musicians in Nigeria:
- Rema Divine Ikubor, popularly known as Rema, is a Nigerian singer and rapper who was born in 2000. He gained prominence in 2019 after he was signed to Mavin Records, a Nigerian record label. Some of his popular songs include “Dumebi,” “Iron Man,” and “Lady.”
- Fireboy DML Adedamola Adefolahan, known professionally as Fireboy DML, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1996. He is signed to YBNL Nation, a Nigerian record label owned by Olamide. Some of his popular songs include “Scatter,” “King,” and “Jealous.”
- Joeboy Joseph Akinwale Akinfenwa, professionally known as Joeboy, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1997. He gained popularity in 2019 after the release of his hit single “Baby.” Other popular songs by Joeboy include “Beginning,” “Don’t Call Me Back,” and “All For You.”
- Omah Lay Stanley Omah Didia, known professionally as Omah Lay, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and producer born in 1997. He gained popularity in 2020 after the release of his debut EP, “Get Layd.” Some of his popular songs include “Bad Influence,” “Godly,” and “Damn.”
- Tems Tems is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1996. She gained prominence in 2018 after the release of her debut single “Mr Rebel.” Some of her popular songs include “These Days,” “Damages,” and “Essence,” which she featured on with WizKid.
- CKay Chukwuka Ekweani, known professionally as CKay, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and producer born in 1997. He gained popularity in 2017 after the release of his hit single “Container.” Some of his other popular songs include “Love Nwantiti,” “Felony,” and “Kiss Me Like You Miss Me.”
- Zinoleesky Oniyide Azeez, known professionally as Zinoleesky, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1995. He gained prominence in 2019 after the release of his hit single “Who Knows.” Some of his other popular songs include “Ma Pariwo,” “Naira Marley,” and “Mapariwo.”
- Oxlade Ikuforiji Abdulrahman Olaitan, known professionally as Oxlade, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1997. He gained popularity in 2018 after the release of his debut single “Shugar.” Some of his other popular songs include “Away,” “O2,” and “DKT.”
- Bella Shmurda Akinbiyi Abiola Ahmed, known professionally as Bella Shmurda, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born in 1997. He gained prominence in 2019 after the release of his hit single “Vision 2020.” Some of his other popular songs include “Cash App,” “Rush,” and “World.”
- Crayon is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He was born Charles Chibueze Chukwu on November 21, 2000, in Lagos, Nigeria.Crayon grew up in a music-loving family, with his father being a music enthusiast who played a significant role in shaping his interest in music. He started singing at a young age and developed a passion for music, particularly Afrobeats and R&B.
In 2018, Crayon was discovered by music producer, Baby Fresh, who signed him to his record label, Blowtime Entertainment. He made his debut with the single “Unusual” in 2019, which was well-received by fans and critics alike. The song’s success led to collaborations with other Nigerian artists like Ladipoe and Mavin Records’ Korede Bello.
In July 2019, Crayon released his debut EP, “Cray Cray,” which featured six tracks, including “So Fine” and “Gock Am.” The EP received positive reviews from music critics and helped to establish Crayon as a rising star in the Nigerian music industry.
Since then, Crayon has gone on to release several hit songs, including “Kpano,” “Shima,” and “Jackpot” featuring Bella Shmurda. He has also collaborated with other popular Nigerian artists such as Rema, DJ Spinall, and Phyno.
Crayon’s unique blend of Afrobeats, R&B, and pop has won him a large and dedicated fanbase in Nigeria and across Africa. His music is known for its catchy melodies, vibrant beats, and relatable lyrics, making him one of the most promising young artists in the Nigerian music industry today.